Last week a team of developers released the first untethered iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak, dubbed “Pangu.” At the time, the application only ran on Windows and the entire interface was in Chinese. However, a Mac version of the software was promised, and today that promise has been kept.
Now the software supports Mac OS X and sports a new English UI. The update goes deeper than just the desktop app, though. Bug fixes have been made to the jailbreak itself to fix issues such as a boot loop on certain devices that was being reported by those who had used version 1.0.
Like the Windows version, Pangu jailbreak for Mac works with the following iOS 7.1 – iOS 7.1.1 compatible devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4
- iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- Retina iPad mini, iPad Mini (1st generation iPad mini)
- iPod touch 5G
1. Add English support.
2. Optimize the file size.
3. Fix the boot loop bug.
4. Using new info leak bug instead of @i0n1c’s
5. Add online self verification
Below is the download link for Pangu jailbreak:
If you need help, check out the step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 – iOS 7.1 using Pangu on Mac
- How to Recover Lost Data/deleted files from iPhone5S/5C/5/4S when jailbreak fails
- Get back Deleted Contact Numbers from iPhone5/5S/5C/4S/4 on Mac
- How to retrieve iPhone data from iTunes backup when iTunes got corrupted on Mac OS 10.6
- How to Recover Reminders from iPhone/iPad After Deleted or Lost
- Export Camera Roll photo/videos from iTunes backup to Mac